Saturday, June 30, 2007

A Weight

When I got out of bed this morning there seemed to be a weight on me which I had no explanation for. It may just be concern for my Dad, as he is having problems with his foot once again, and they want to amputate, but he doesn't.
Dad believes that the Lord has assured him that he is going to keep his foot. If Dad has that assurance I believe him, and that is how I prayed last night as we met and had prayer.
We, ie., my wife Madge, Mom and Dad, Judy (my sister), her husband David, Dave and Edna Eaton (David's Mom and Dad), Duffy and Dawn Guyton (David's sister and her husband from Memphis, TN.) got together at the Eaton's home and had a time of prayer specifically for Dad's foot and leg. I am believing that God is going to renew that foot and leg.
Dad has said he is willing to receive God's will in the matter, as am I. God's will and plan is the most desired plan of all.
As for that weight on me; I really just don't know why it is there. The spiritual condition of the Nation, the world. I am anxious for the return of Jesus for His Church. I pray that the many whom I am praying for for salvation will be saved.
It is not God's will that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
May the Lord help me with this weight. As I write this and express it I can feel some of that weight lifting. Thank YOU Lord.
If you are a Christian; in your time of prayer would you pray for my Dad. I would appreciate it, and pray for God's will and glory.
One more item I want to write about is that I drove the School bus for the last day of Summer School. My cousin Marie called a couple of days before and asked me if I would fill in for her on Friday. I told her I would. I drove the bus my granddaughter Naomi rode for Summer School. She will be in Kindergarten when School resumes in August. She will not be riding my bus at that time. When Naomi got on at the morning run, she gave me a great big hug. Those hugs are great.

No comments: