Saturday, June 02, 2007

Death - Not a Pleasant Topic?

My wife just had an older sister to die. I am not afraid of using that word die, because that is what happens when these bodies stop breatheing and the heart stops beating and the mind stops functioning. From the day we are born, and even before, our destiniy on earth will be death. It is not a pleasant topic, but it is a reality of life.
As I said, my wife's sister died on Friday, May 25, 2007 in Fairbanks, AK., and actually I should say in Two Rivers, AK., because that is where Estell and her husband Kidrick lived. Estell had been battling with cancer for several years, and when they sent her home from the hospital the last time they knew it was to die. All knew it was going to come. From all things that I heard of her and her battle with cancer, even to the final day, she held on to her faith in God.
We had her funeral today in Walnut Grove, MO.. It took them that long to get her body shipped on a cargo plane to Missouri. Isn't it amazing how slow a cargo plane is? Pastor Gene Terry preached a wonderful message of grace and everyone's need to know Jesus Christ as their Savior. At the gravesite he pointed out that Estell is not with us any longer, but that she is in heaven with our Lord and Savior, and the only way we will ever see her again is if we know Jesus.
I am very thankful for the grace of God and am glad to say, By the grace of God I know I will see her again, as well as her mother, my grandparents, and some friends who have gone on before me. Most of all I know I will see Jesus, my Lord and my Savior.
I pray all who comes here will know Him. Death isn't so bad, when you know it has been conquered by the resurrection of Jesus, and that He is alive today.

No comments: