Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Looking Forward to Summer

Here it is that we are nearly two thirds of the way through Spring, and I am looking forward to Summer. Spring and Summer are my two favorite times of year. Spring because everything starts coming back to life. The trees begin to grow their leaves again, the grass begins to green and grow - now if you hate mowing your yard you will hate that part of it - and the air begins to warm and the blood begins to flow through the veins again. There is life. Summer, because it is warm and sometimes hot. I like heat, but not too much heat. I can stand the heat, and endure the cold, but when it comes to cold, that is all it is enduring.
One thing I am glad of about Summer is that School will be out. It is good that whoever set up our school system to have a Summer break was wise. It is too hot for children to be in classes in July. It is also good, because it gives teachers, and bus drivers a break from the hustle and bustle of those large and tiny voices. Teachers, I do not mean to demean your work, it is a good one, but you are mostly standing facing your students. The bus driver has them all at his back. Remember, someone once said, "A school bus driver is someone who has all his troubles behind him." I like that. Kids are great. They all need teaching and direction. They all need Jesus as their Lord and Savior as well.
I like Summer. I am looking forward to our Fourth of July get together down at the Old Swimming Hole. I am looking forward to my immediate family getting together on my wife's birthday. We have started making that an annual event. The kids will all be here and having fun, barbequeing, eating, drinking sodas, tea, water and juices.
Another thing I am looking forward to this Summer is trying to be the pastor to Carr Lane Baptist Church that I should be. We have Vacation Bible School coming in July 16-20, and we are waiting to here from Angel Food Ministries, and hopefull will be starting that ministry to our area. Making visits in the homes of the people. Visiting homes in the area of our church, and prayerfully pointing some folks to Jesus.
This Summer will be great.

No comments: