Tuesday, March 13, 2007

What Is It With Kids???

Well here I am back to this blog writing once again. And the title of this one may leave some of you wondering. Wondering what is he going to write in this anyway?
Well! I have mentioned before that I drive a School Bus. Yeah! One of those big yellow, roaring road huggers, and maybe some would say "Road hoggers", because sometimes when you meet us it does seem like we are hogging the road. Don't complain unless you have driven one, and then, you will realize that those things take up most of the lane.
Anyway, back to the "Kids" thing. WHAT IS IT WITH KIDS??? While driving the bus, we have a mirror where we can look back and keep an eye on things, when we are not watching the road; which, by the way, watching the road is the most important thing; that is, if you want those "Kids" home safely.
Here is the thing I am wondering about. When I look into that mirror and I see one of them in one seat, then I return my eyes to the matter of driving, searching the mirrors, watching the road and such things as that; then, look back at those same kids. Only now one or two I have seen in one seat are now in another. It is almost like they think the driver doesn't notice. Do they think we don't know what seat they were in? Do they think we don't know one side of the bus from the other.
You tell them to stay seated, and they turn around backwards in the seat. You know the driver is not supposed to notice. I just pray that none ever get hurt. I sure would not want one to be hurt while I was driving them.
WHAT IS IT WITH KIDS??? They are kids, being kids. I do pray they will learn that the driver does notice, and that is why she/he is constantly on them to stay seated; especially while the bus is in motion.

No comments: