Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Matters Of The Heart

When we hear the word "Heart" we think of the blood pump in each of our bodies, we think of a person's character or life; we even think of spiritual matters, and hear phrases like "Give your heart to Christ"; and I have used that one a few times.  By that we mean, "Give of your whole being, and self to Christ; leaving nothing out."

Well the heart is a major organ within our body, and it is amazing what doctors can do for our hearts in this day and time.  We need to realize though that doctors cannot heal; that there is only One Healer and His name is Jesus Christ the Son of the Living God.

The reason I bring this "Matters of the Heart" up is that my wife Madge and I have just recently had doctors work on our hearts.  Back on 2007 or '08 my wife was diagnosed with an anyerism of her aorta in her heart.  It was not large enough for them to do surgery, so waited until it grew large enough to do it.  They did the surgery on September 21, 2010, and by the grace and healing power of God she came through it miraculously.

In February of this year (2011) I was scheduled for a stress test by my cardiologists order.  As far as I knew there was nothing wrong; had no chest pains, if I did too much at one time I needed to take a rest, thinking it was due to being physically out of shape.  The February appointment was postponed due to bad weather; until April 05.  I took the stress test and they found what they called "abnormalities" and wanted to do an angiogram.

On Monday April 18 I went in to the hospital for the angiogram, and they ended up putting four stents in me, and never finished; I was to return the following Monday (April 25) to get another stent for another artery of my heart. Due to these surgical procedures I spent a total of two nights in the hospital.

I am thankful to the Lord for His watch and care, and recovery of these things.  He is wonderful, powerful, and gracious and merciful.  To Him be all the praise.

I believe that I am feeling much better, though it is yet to be seen when I am able to get out and become more physically active again.

I appreciate all who have prayed for my wife and I, and thank you very much.  Where would we be without you all.  Thanks also to the great doctors and nurses who provided the physical care and knew how to use the technology available.

Thanks and praise be to the One who is Lord of all.
-Tim A. Blankenship

No comments: