Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer Is Nearing

I haven't wrote anything here since January of this year.  Much has happened in  my life and the life of the world since then.  Earthquakes that have left many thousands dead and many more homeless in Haiti, and Chili, and China.  Floods have hit in many parts of this country [USA] up North in the South in Nashville, (Country Music City), and much chaos in the gulf from BP's blunder with the oil well.

Since my last post my wife and I have moved.  We are now living with my parents, hopefully helping them out while helping ourselves be nearer our work on our own home which is nearby.  We have also planted a garden, and we spent time with it today; tilling the rows of potatoes we have planted; and they are growing quite well with blooms on the plants and new potatoes growing under the soil.  I brought some of them home this afternoon, which I accidentally dug up while tilling the ground.

It seemed that the whole 2009 - 2010 School year moved by quickly.  We are now out for the Summer vacation; and boy am I relieved.  I was ready.  I think every other bus driver was ready too; and not only the Cassville drivers.  

It was sure warm; maybe even hot as Madge and I planted three rows of corn today.  It didn't take us long, but boy were we worn out, bushed, beat, and nearly busted of all our strength.  We're not that strong any way, and that sun beating down on us didn't help.

I don't mean to sound as though I am complaining; I am actually quite thankful.  Thankful to our Lord that He has given us the strength to do what we can do; and leave what we can't do up to Him.  Sometimes even that which we think we can do we must let Him take care of too.
Looking forward to a grand and glorious Summer.  We have Youth camp next week; and Children's Camp in July.  What a wonderful Summer it will be.  Every day is wonderful when the God of all creation is in it; and He is.

-Tim A. Blankenship


No comments: